Backup Power Supplies and Protection for Paloma Water Heaters and Convection Space Heaters
In order to provide the most efficient, reliable and safest form of gas water & space heating, Paloma units require a constant electrical supply when operational. The electrical consumption is very low, for the Gas Water Heaters the 20 l/m unit requires 61 watts, the 26 l/m 64 watts and the 27 l/min 67 watts. The PJC-25 Convector Heater uses 31 watts when running.
The use of electric sensors within the units allows precise computer controlled delivery of hot water, using only the exact amount of gas required to raise the set water temperature. The convector space heater also uses the same principles to heat efficiently and as directed. Sensors within all units ensure safe use of gas and digital analysis/diagnosis of any problems/issues that may arise
In the event of a power outage, any (non-square wave generating device) can be used to provide alternative power. The use of an inverter or larger UPS can provide reliable back-up power. Because Paloma units do not require much power, battery sizing is important to ensure longer use. We recommend you ask your electrician to add your Paloma appliance to your inverter or get;
1200va Offline UPS
UPS are modified sine wave units, manufactured with state-of-the-art technology, producing microprocessor-controlled output.
UPS Specification Highlights
- 12V/7AH batteries
- Microprocessor control guarantees high reliability
- Equipped with boost and buck AVR to stabilise input voltage (Automatic Voltage regulations)
- Built-in DC start function which enables the UPS to be started without AC power
- Smart RS-232 communication port with free software and cable
- Green power function for energy saving
- User-replaceable battery design
- Auto charge even though UPS is off
- Auto restart when AC returns
- Discharge, overcharge and overload protection
UPS units are kept plugged in and operational at all times and do offer some protection against electrical surges etc. In order to get the longest use from the UPS, best practice would be to turn the UPS off, and only turn it on when the Paloma unit is required – then switch off after use.
Please note that WE DO NOT SELL Power Back Ups.
Please speak to your electrician to get the best option for you.